Thursday, April 19, 2012

Circle Quilt...borders on


The next stage of the quilt is finally completed, and not without drama. You know how some quilts just go together with ease....and some just do not?? Well, this one did not. The red spot border went on with ease, and that's where it ended. 


I couldn't tell you how many borders I have cut and sewn. Too many to count. Too many to remember. But first thing to go wrong was I measured once and had to cut twice. First mistake. We all know that we measure twice and cut once....so lots of white homespun is already cut for my next quilt. So a bonus I say.


In the end I called Martha and we did it together. I had had enough and was ready to throw it out the window! Then yesterday we took a little drive to Warren to drop it off to the quilter....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were your ears burning? We were talking about your quilt yesterday at club Quilt. We were talking about how you attached the circles. I've made some to have a go and I stuck the whole circle down but I don't think you did that did you ?

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say how great it looks. Worth all the trouble :)

Kevin said...

Amazing post. Informative, thanks for sharing.Broadway fabrics