Saturday, January 23, 2010

Star Wars Cake

I had to make a Star Wars cake on Friday for a local boy who has just turned 21. Obviously, he must be a huge huge fan. I know I loved the movies, but wasnt really into them when they first came out, I was a bit young then. My husband loved the movies, and always wanted to be a Storm Trooper ;-) He made me watch the first movie a few years back, and, under sufferance I did, and loved it. We then went on to watch the other movies pretty much in a weekend - I was addicted.
I will also mention, that after taking this photo, I wasnt happy with the icing, so stripped it off and re-did it, but forgot to take another shot before they customers collected it. They loved it!


I am off to make some fabric bangles, I found the pattern for them here at V&co, one of my favourite blogs. I loved how the pattern was a pdf file, so as soon as I bought it, I had the pattern in my inbox! Voila! No hounding the poor postman for a parcel ;-)

Will post some photos of them soon, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Janellybelly said...

The cake looks FANTASTIC, clever you! Can't wait to see your fabric bangles too.