Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yummy yummy cookies & a mermaid skirt

Well here it is again, midnight & I am up and on the computer.

This afternoon I decided to make some cookies, so after a quick look in a couple of cookbooks, without success, I reverted to some good old Anzac biscuits. As I was rolling the mix, my sister popped in for a visit, and told me about a, " if all else fails" cookie recipe.

How good does this cookie dough look? Good enough to eat raw.....yes, I admit, I had a little taste, and it was divine!



Wow! So easy, so quick, so yummy & so so many cookies. I finished baking my anzacs, and started making these M&M cookies, that I have named "Mandys Cookies".

I know what you are thinking, and yes, it took a lot of hard thinking to come up with that name.

Here are the first two batches, on the tray ready to go in the oven.




And here they are just out of the oven....after 6 trays of cookies, I have enough cookies to feed the whole street. What a night all of my kiddies chose to have sleep overs at their friends houses, the night mumma decides to bake.

The recipe is below;

Mandys Cookies

4 cups Self Raising Flour
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 can condensed milk
500g softened butter
1 350g bag M&Ms or choc chips or white choc chips & Macadamias

Method
1. Combine softened butter & sugar in mixer.
2. Add flour, condensed milk & mix with dough hooks until combined. Do not over mix.
3. Add choccys of your choice & mix through with spoon.
4. Roll cookies to desired size & using a fork, flatten slightly.
5. Cook in moderate oven for 10mins
6. Cool on wire & enjoy.

My oven is fan-forced & I cooked mine for ten mins. The cookies were softish when I took them out, but hardened up within minutes. If you like them extra crunchy, bake for 15mins.


My niece Luella is turning 3 on Sunday & her mum is making her a mermaid cake. So of course I jumped up tonight & made her a cute little Mermaid skirt for her to wear on her birthday. The fabric is from Spotlight, very cute. I added a little pocket, so she can keep her little mermaid treasures in it.


Well, that is all for tonight.
Goodnight

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

I have a biscuit recipe that makes heaps too ..........it's great....at least they know you will last for a few days.........nice skirt........