Monday, May 31, 2010

Paper Bag Swap

Narromine Club Quilt & Dongara Quilt Group in WA decided to have a swap. Each particpant had a partner. We had to send to our partner, three fat quarters of fabric, one of which had to be suitable to do a stitchery on, some embroidery thread to match, a variety of embellishments, a gift to the value of $5, and our favourite lolly/chocolate. Our partner then had to create a gift for us using some or all of our fabrics, threads and embellishments, and return the finished gift within a timeframe (all going well of course!)



My swap partner, Linda sent me three Christmas fabrics, some silver Christmas tree buttons, some gold bell things, and red thread. My gift was some gorgeous embroidery scissors, (thankyou) and some mint lollies. Below is the gift I created using the fabrics Linda supplied. I did a Santa stitchery wallhanging. I added the Christmas hanger as a gift for Linda. I hope she liked it, and hope that she has received her gift. I will add a photo of the table runner Linda made me soon.


That's all for today,


4 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous Karri...I am sure Linda will be thrilled with this....Peg xx

Sue said...

That is just so divine. Linda will love it and it will be perfect in her new home this Christmas too.

Maria said...

Hi Karri, wow I just love the gorgeous Santa Wall hanging you have made for Linda. She will love it.
I have really enjoyed participating in this swap.So many diferent and exciting things were made.

http:maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

Linda4F's said...

Hi Karri, I just cant wait until it arrives here, It looks devine and a big thank you for my lovely wall hanging ... ohh laa roll on christmas... it will take pride of place in my new home. thanks