Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ridgecrest Part 1

A couple of weekends ago, Martha and I travelled to the Dam with our local quilting group, (about 14 ladies) for our annual "stitch-fest". Martha & I didn't get to go last year, and have been really looking forward to the retreat this year. We ate lots of unhealthy food, drank lots of tea & coffee, did oodles of sewing, talked & talked & talked..and even managed to go for a walk up a massive hill to try and burn off a few calories. I do think we ate WAY more calories than what burnt off, but who cares? We had a great weekend.

The first quilt I finished was a little charm pack quilt for my niece from Hunky Dory. It actually took up my Friday afternoon and evening, as I had all the squares sewn together before I arrived. I think I did more talking and eating than sewing as it took me waaayyy too long to finish it. Haha. Come to think of it, I was in charge of the fire that night, so maybe thats what I was busy doing....stoking the fire in between stitching ;-)



I will be back tomorrow to show you what Martha was busy with on Friday night...besides eating jubes.....

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yes you did talk lots....LOL...love the quilt.

Janellybelly said...

I just saw this range at the Quilt and Craft fair in Perth on the weekend & fell in love with it. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.