Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ridgecrest Part 4

On Sunday we were a little sad as our retreat was coming to an end for another year. Martha had some left over Fresh Cut fabric that she was giving away, so I decided to make a table runner similar to Thimblinas. (edit Got the correct link here now!) I love the colours in the Fresh Cut range, (I made a quilt last year from it) they are so bright and cheerful, and look great with the white homespun.




I did the strips not quite wide enough though. The strips were 5.5" x 2" I plan to make another table runner from some different colours, so I can rotate them, so will do the next one wider, probably more like 7" x 1.5", which I am pretty sure are the measurements Thimblina used.


It looks great on the timber coffee table, skinny and all.



2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

"Gorgeous"

Thimbelina said...

There's something about gorgeous fabrics and crisp white together... looks great!