Saturday, July 23, 2011

Alphabet Quilt

I thought I would show you a quilt my sister made for her little boy which has been completely made from her scrap pile and designed & quilted herself. I will also tell you that Lisa is a Design & Technology teacher & so she is in the right field of work I'd say.

Lisa has done some fantastic quilts and blows me away with her work. I spent a few days with her and her family recently and snapped a shot of this one, as I have seen it coming along and was excited to see it finished. The photo just does not do it justice. Each letter has a different embroidery stitch around it in different colours, and the letters just pop out.
It is an amazing quilt, so heavy & warm. He will have it forever.

Now all she has to do is sew another one for her little girl...haha, so get busy Lisa!!
We may or may not have visited a fabric shop or two while we were together, but I'm not saying a word.....because neither of us need fabric.

No comments: