Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Friends & Flowers Quilt

This week I have been on holidays, at home, so have done a bit of sewing. Today I decided to use a Jelly Roll from my stash to make a quilt. I chose the Friends & Flowers range, which is an older range I bought last year from the US when the dollar was nice and high, about 92cents I think. So it was a real bargain! I will admit I went a little overboard, and bought a few Jelly Rolls that, well, must have looked good online, but once received, I wondered what I was thinking! This is one of those "what was I thinking" jelly rolls. This is a progress shot of the quilt. I was really not keen to use the black fabrics, but they seem not too bad now its finished. I had to make sure I spaced them well though.
I like many of the fabrics on their own, but I just didnt go much on them all together as a range. Well, today I was determined to not waste my "bargain" purchase, and make some sort of quilt to give away to someone. Now that it is finished, well, except for some borders, I think I like it!


I am undecided about what to do next with the quilt, as I havent much fabric left, and as its an older range, I doubt I will be able to find anymore of it to add some borders. (I will look online tonight though) I might have to find some plain fabric to match, do a small border, then add another scrappy border. I would have enough fabric left to make a scrappy border, or for a scrappy bind. Not sure yet, might just have a little think about it.
Hopefully I will get my camera back soon so I dont have to take crappy photos with my phone any longer. Not that I am much of a photographer anyway, but at least they are a little better when taken with a real camera! My husband borrowed it and left it with his father to print off some photos for him, argh.
I also have made a few skirts which I will post about tomorrow.


No comments: