Sunday, July 25, 2010

United States

The big news in our household in the recent weeks is that hubby and I are heading to the US early next year for a 45day holiday, no kids! We are pretty excited.

So, now the hard work has begun on planning where we are going within the huge country and what to see & do.
All we know at the present is what day we land in LA, and what day we fly out of LA. What we do in the 45 days in between is yet to be decided.

Any ideas or hints and tips will be greatly appreciated!!

We have our "must do" list started. You know, with Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Niagra Falls etc etc

Now I am looking into the other must do's...like shopping, at shops like "MJ Trimming" in New York, and heading to New Yorks fabric district.

I found myself the blog, Lindsay T Sews (again) to help me do it.

I am sure Robert is just going to love New York....not. Maybe he can find something else to do for a few days.

I was visiting another blog, Diary of a quilter, and she does a weekly field trip story on Fridays. A few weeks ago she went to MJ Trimming and shows photos inside the store. Looks like my kind of store. Check it out here.

And another place I must go check out while I am there. The City Quilter.

(MJ Trimming is located on 6th Avenue between 37th & 38th, just up the street from Macy's Dept Store.) This is for my reference later :-)

Anyway...as I said earlier, where would you recommend for me to visit while in the States?

3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow..........lucky you....

Unknown said...

While in LA, you need to check out the fabric district there!! It is FABULOUS!! We have been once, but will definitely going back lots more. We live in Canada and went while hubby and I were on a kidless vacation last year. Have fun in your tours of USA.

Sarah said...

Wow...what a nice long trip you'll be taking. I always recommend visiting Chicago, but I'm a little biased. :) How about Maine/New Hampshire/New England for the fall leaves?