Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy 70th Flannel

I found this flannel quilt in my cupboard half finished and thought that I would finish it for Roberts Aunty who was turning 70 in July. It's amazing what I find in my sewing cupboards when I start looking!!


Here it is on that same windy day as the quilt-a-long quilt. I was in a mad flap that day, getting all these gifts ready. I had to sew binds on two quilts in one night!! Yes, two binds, and two labels! What a trooper. Mind you, I still have two quilts ready to bind staring up at me as I type this....


As this quilt was so old, I struggled to find enough backing fabric to match. But do you believe that I did find just about enough?? I went out to Weigela in Warren, and she had some of the fabric out there. The backing fabric does look white in this photo, but it actually has a print on it. I was actually a little short, but as I had a four blocks left over from the quilt, I added those and managed to have enough. Phew. I do like my backs to match my fronts :-)

Another quilt done and dusted :-)

1 comment:

Michele T said...

I love this quilt - your auntie is one lucky gal!!