Friday, January 13, 2012

Aunt Grace is done

Last month I showed you my 1930's Aunt Grace quilt that I was sending off to the quilter, well here it is, back from the quilter, all bound and labelled.


I officially love it even more. But it was never for me. It was always for my gorgeous cousin Kelli. I started making it for her on a night I knew she was going through something really personal & tough. That is the date I put on the label. Its significant. I knew a quilt would cheer her up when I gave it to her. It wont take away the pain, but I knew how much she would love it. I knew how much I would love to give it to her & how much I would enjoy seeing her smile. She has a gorgeous smile.  


I gave Kelli her Circle of Love quilt tonight. As predicted, she loves it. She was very excited & so was I. 

4 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Fabulous quilt- it will be very special for her.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Karri.....wow, that is just beautiful...

The Accidental Country Girl said...

Love, love, love it to pieces. Love you too xoxo.

Thimbelina said...

How very special Karri.....it's just gorgeous!