Friday, September 23, 2011

Raw Edge Bind

I made this jelly roll quilt from the Blush range at a weekend away with Club Quilt, a group of sewing ladies. It has a little peeper & I decided to do a raw edge bind on this one which I read about in Bonnie & Camille's book. It makes use of a honey bun strip, so a 1.5" strip, and is simply sewn straight onto the quilt with two rows of stitching. It is a very quick way to do a bind. I am not convinced that I like it for every quilt as yet. But, I have done it on this one, as I couldn't source anymore fabric to match the quilt :)


The backing for this quilt is also a matching Blush fabric & has been quilted by my favourite quilter in Warren. Its a simple Cross Hatching this time.







If you look closely, you can see the raw edge bind. I still need to wash it for the full effect of the raw edge bind.




This quilt has been sold to a friend for her daughter for Christmas, and she has also ordered another one for her other daughter. I best get to work :)




3 comments:

Sunshine & Fabric said...

I remember this from camp. Looks great...I might have to get the details for the quilter at Warren from you one day :)

SHOP CRAFT DESIGN said...

Such a beautiful quilt...think I'll have to put it on the 'to do' list, well done.
Cheers Nic

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Just beautiful Karri. I'd like to try that type of quilt but I'm not sure about the binding either. I'm not sure I'd like it NOT being perfect.